Henry Hahn House, 2421 Bryant Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

Henry Hahn House

Henry Hahn House, 1905
Address: 2421 Bryant Avenue S
Neighborhood/s: Lowry Hill East, Minneapolis, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Minneapolis, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Hennepin County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1899
Major Alterations: Some/mostly intact
Builder: Charles J. Weston
First Owner: Henry Hahn

Lowry Hill East Minneapolis Hennepin

Henry Hahn House, 2421 Bryant Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota
(44.958342,-93.290203warning.png"44.958342.-93.290203" is not a number. )


Charles J. Weston, contractor, procured a building permit for this home on April 1, 1899 and began construction.

Contents

History

By 1900 Henry Hahn was listed in the city directory at this address and appeared on the 1900 federal census with his wife, Lillie, son, Louis, and a servant, Bonnie Peterson. Hahn worked in the printing trade. In 1900 he was a foreman at the Northwest Miller, a newspaper of the milling trade. He and a partner incorporated their printing and binding firm, Hahn & Harmon, in 1904. In the later years of his career, Hahn was back at the Northwestern Miller. He lived in this home until his death in 1935. Lillie lived here until she died in 1943.

Memories and stories

Location

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]