Parker-Marshall House, 30 Irvine Park, Saint Paul, Minnesota

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Edit with form

Parker-Marshall House

2001
Address: 30 Irvine Park
Neighborhood/s: Irvine Park, Saint Paul, Minnesota, Uppertown, Saint Paul, Minnesota, West 7th, Saint Paul, Minnesota
City/locality-
State/province
Saint Paul, Minnesota
County-
State/province:
Ramey County, Minnesota
State/province: Minnesota
Country: United States
Year built: 1852
Primary Style: Greek Revival
Historic Function: House/single dwelling or duplex
Current Function: House/single dwelling or duplex

Irvine Park, Uppertown, West 7th Saint Paul Ramey County

Parker-Marshall House, 30 Irvine Park, Saint Paul, Minnesota
(44.940541° N, 93.103711° WLatitude: 44°56′25.948″N
Longitude: 93°6′13.36″W
)


The building is a two story, 2729 square foot, eight room, four bedroom, two bathroom, frame house.

The house was originally located at 35 Irvine Park, but this lot was purchased in 1852 and the house was moved to this address by Joseph Lybrandt Forepaugh in 1853. The original owners were Rodney Parker and Elizabeth Parker, who managed the American Hotel in St. Paul.

Rodney Parker and Elizabeth Parker arrived in St. Paul in 1849. Rodney Parker died in 1872 and Elizabeth Parker moved from the house in 1877. The pallbearers at Rodney Parker's funeral were General James Hervey Simpson, Judge James Gilfillan, Judge Horace Bigelow, William A. Spencer, former Governor Alexander Ramsey, and former Governor William Rainey Marshall.

Elizabeth Parker died in 1881.

Contents

History

  • William Rainey Marshall (1825-1896) rented the house from 1877 to 1880.
  • From 1880 to 1883, Henry Hope, a carpenter, and his daughter, Nellie Hope, resided at this address.
  • From 1904 until 1959, the house was owned by Patrick Kelly and Elizabeth Kelly.
  • The 1930 city directory indicates that Marvin S. Price, an oiler employed by Swift & Company, and his wife, Theresa Price, resided at this address.
  • In 1959, the house was converted into a fourplex.
  • It was purchased by Keith McCormick and Barbara McCormick in 1976. [1]

Memories and stories

Badges

65}px This place is part of the
Bridge Trail Walking Tour

Photo Gallery

Related Links

Notes

    Personal tools
    Contribute
    [http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]