Placeography:Featured place/2009-05

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Maple Hill Cemetery 1873
Maple Hill Cemetery, Minneapolis, Minnesota
Established as Maple Hill Cemetery in 1857, closed in 1890 and later was converted into a park. In 1935, the area was called Folwell Playground. This area has also been called Maple Hill Park and is currently called Beltrami Park. While most of the tombstones have been removed a few have "popped" up and can still be seen.
Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]