Placeography:Featured place/2011-03

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Charles M. Harrington House, 2540 Park Avenue South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Minneapolis architects Kees and Colburn designed 2540 Park Ave South in 1902 for Charles M. Harrington, president of the Van Dusen-Harrington Company. The interior design was by John Scott Bradstreet. The first floor of the Harrington home contained a library, drawing room, dining room, den, kitchen and servants’ hall, while the Harrington family’s bedrooms were located on the second floor and a ballroom and auditorium filled the third floor. The home’s basement housed a billiard room and card room. The Harrington home was featured in a 1904 article in the Western Architect. In 1929, 2540 Park Avenue was purchased by the Zuhrah Shrine. The Shriners owned the mansion from 1929-2011; 82 years. It was recently sold to St. Mary's University.

Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]