Placeography:Featured place/2015-07

From Placeography

Jump to: navigation, search
Alice Shevlin Hall, 164 Pillsbury Drive, SE, Minneapolis, Minnesota

Alice Shevlin Hall was constructed in 1906 on the site of Old Main (which was totally destroyed by fire on 24 September 1904). The construction was made possible by a donation of $60,000 by Thomas Shevlin in honor of his wife. The building was executed in the Renaissance Revival mode according to designs by Minneapolis architect Ernest Kennedy. It is two stories in height with a full basement, and is constructed of red sand-mold brick with terra cotta trim and ornamentation. Shevlin Hall was essentially rectangular in plan and measures fifty-five by 114 feet; a large addition to the rear was constructed at a later date to provide for additional dining facilities.

Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]