Placeography:Featured place/2019-05

From Placeography

(Difference between revisions)
Jump to: navigation, search

Mdougla (Talk | contribs)
(New page: {|valign="top" align="bottom" style="mar{| valign="top" align="bottom" style="margin: 0px 5px 5px 0px;" 200px |}'''[[Scottish Rite Temple, 2011 Dupont Ave Sou...)
Newer edit →

Current revision

Scottish Rite Temple, 2011 Dupont Ave South, Minneapolis, Minnesota

The Minneapolis Scottish Rite purchased the building when the Fowler Church merged with the Hennepin United Methodist Church. The Scottish Rite took possession of the building and established its new home here on January 1, 1915. The previous home for the Scottish Rite in Minneapolis was the Masonic building that is still located at 6th and Hennepin in Downtown Minneapolis. That building is now the home of the Hennepin Center for the Arts. The impressive Romanesque Revival architecture of the Scottish Rite Masonic Center represents the only combined work of Minnesota architects, Warren H. Hayes and Harry Wild Jones The building was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.

Personal tools
Contribute
[http://discussions.mnhs.org/HP/oneonone.cfm snubnosed]